Do you spend too much time being envious of those Instagram accounts that have tens of thousands of followers? Don’t be.
Do you get disheartened with the people who follow you just to unfollow 2 days later? Don’t be.
It does NOT matter the # of followers as long as you have the RIGHT followers.
Are your followers local to your business? If your small retail business is in Oakville, ON and 85% of your followers are from the US, those followers are not the right followers.
The RIGHT followers will:
– Give you consistent likes and meaningful comments and feedback on your posts
– Be local to your business
See above photo of the Instagram Insights for @HTdesignsca . We only have 600 followers in 5 months, but we are happy with that. The majority of our followers are from the GTA – Toronto, Hamilton, Oakville, Burlington, Mississauga. This did not happen by chance.
Get the RIGHT followers without spending a fortune on ads.
– Use local hashtags ie/ #burlon – People who are also using that hashtag will
find you, and you can also search and follow people using that same hashtag.
– Follow and chat with other local businesses, and like-minded individuals
– Engage with your followers in an authentic way and you will see your account grow
Remember that if you want likes and comments, you have to reciprocate and do the same to others. Be authentic, and create real relationships.